1983. Gijón, Spain.
- Who are you? My name is Darío and I was born in Gijón, Asturias, 27 years ago.
- What is it that took you to see the world through a lens? First of all, I think it was my father’s fault, as I always say in interviews. I used to see him with a camera on his shoulders all the time. Secondly, I think it was life the one who made me take photographs…
- What do you write between lines? Don’t know/No reply.
- What can we see in your mirror? In my mirror you can see a normal guy, who likes spending time with his girl and mates, who likes music and good novels, films, get tatooed and, most of all, taking photographs.
- Define you in 5 words.
FAMILY: The highest respect and loyalty, key piece in every person’s life, the closest friends, the partner and the closest relatives.
MY NEIGHBORHOOD: I was raised there, I consider myself a local person from head to foot, surrounded by humble people…
ADA: Ada is the name of my girl, without her, everything would be different.
MUSIC: Tango, blues, a piece of rock&roll.
PHOTOGRAPHY: It forces me to photograph my environment, my friends, my family, my girl, those who will be missing one day.
- Define you in 5 pictures. Defining me with a part of my work is very difficult, since I love it all very much, but I hate it as well. It’s a loving hate, don’t worry. If I have to do it, I’d like it was with any photo from my Los Hijos de Dios project (The children of God), they are people from the street, local, they’re not models…
- Tell us the quotes that describe you best. Don’t know/No reply.
- Recommend us a photographer (or as many as you want!) Above all, I like the photography that, for one reason or another, has marked the path a little. I could tell you many. I like buying books of photographers that in my opinion, must always be well reflected. Telling you one and not mentioning the other may be a mistake, but I can mention two so you can more or less see what I like: on the one hand, Diane Arbus and, on the other hand, and being Spanish, Cristina García-Rodero. She’s got very far, no doubts she deserves it.
- Your motto? Pa´lante. (Keep going)
- Where can we see you? You can see me on my website. www.dariomr.com
(Do you want to be a “lonely walker”? We want to interview you! Write us at thelonelywalkers[at]gmail.com!!)