1986. Barcelona-Molins de Rei, Spain.
- Who are you?I still have doubts about this question but I can say I’m a huge life lover.
- What is it that took you to see the world through a lens?A few pictures I took with a film camera when I was 14. I was so amazed for the results I got that a deep blue sky and a pair of shiny horses laying on the grass were enough to make me immerse in photography.
- What do you write between lines?One of the things I like the most about photography is the fact that it allows you to stop one moment in time forever. Time is one of the issues that has always worried me a lot. Like Salvador Dalí, I would also like to be immortal but everybody knows that’s a fantasy (at least at the moment) and it all wouldn’t be happiness being eternal so photography gives me the opportunity to keep some pieces of time without paying a big price and avoiding the bad consequences immortality would probably have.
- What can we see in your mirror? I love nice and modest people. I feel optimistic about life even about the bad things that surround us in this complicated world. The important thing is to not fall down and keep going on with our goals and dreams. I’m among those who belive we all must try to do what we really want to. It doesn’t matter when and how old we are.
- Define you in 5 words.
PHOTOGRAPHY: I think you already know it’s a big part of my universe. My big passion.
CATS: I’ve always loved animals, specially cats. They are very clever and elegant. They are free souls with magic eyes. I love my 14 year old cat, Floqui, my first model!
SENSITIVITY: I don’t usually feel indifference. I can get very affected due to cruelty cases against any kind of living beings. I can appreciate very much things such a succulent meal, an interesting book, a touching piece of art, a wonderful beach, a smart person, a sunny day, a comfortable bed…
OPTIMISM: I tend to be positive about life in general. I think I’d age faster if I wasn’t optimistic! I feel better if I think things are going to fine. That gives me energy enough to keep on doing my tasks.
SHYNESS: It’s something I don’t like pretty much but I’ve learned to live with it and now I’m not so shy as I used to be. I do really enjoy my moments of solitude. Even so, I love my friends and family and I like to know new people. I appreciate very much sharing beautiful moments with my beloved ones.
- Define you in 5 pictures (yours)
- Tell us the quotes that describe you best.
“Carpe Diem” Latin phrase. Even I also take the future into account.
“The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it.” Oscar Wilde. Even not all temptations are good and we all should have our limits.
“The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return” Moulin Rouge. I think it is very important for everybody to get affection from others.
- Recommend us a photographer (or as many as you want!)Annie Leibovitz, Steve McCurry, Robert Doisneau, Mapplethorpe, Richard Avedon, Joan Colom, Eugeni Forcano, Cristina Garcia Rodero, Isabel Muñoz, Txema Salvans, Gervasio Sánchez, Sandra Balsells, Sebastiao Salgado, Emilio Morenatti. New talents to me: Alex Mazurov, Cuba Gallery (Andrew), Cari Ann Wayman,Vikram Kushwah, Pablo Moran, Cohetes Naranjas (Blanca Viñas), Ramell Ross, Darío Martínez, Roc Canals, Ibai Acevedo, Emmanuel Smague, Akin Çetin, Lina Scheynius .
- Your motto?Be happy.
- Where can we see you?Search for Janira Muñoz in places like Flickr, Carbonmade, Myspace or Tumblr and soon in my own page. I already got my domain but I’m still searching for hosting. Any recommendation?
(Wanna be a “lonely walker”? We want to interview you! Write us to thelonelywalkers[at]gmail.com!!)